Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Side of Hollyleaf's Story


Do you all remember how in Sunrise, Hollyleaf turned on all the Clans and died? Well, have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, she missed the rocks from the cave-in and survived? Maybe she's in the tunnels, struggling to survive. Or maybe she died in them, like Fallen Leaves and the others before her. Well, here is my theory, and I'd like you to tell me yours.

Rocks began to tumble down into the cave tunnels, cutting off the sunlight from the entrance, where Hollyleaf last saw the horrified faces of Jayfeather and Lionblaze, her beloved brothers. No! she yowled to herself. I can't think about them! Not after I killed Ashfur! Her claws raked against the tunnel floor, making an uncomfortable screeching sound. She could still taste the blood from his neck pulsing from his body as his life left him.
"Hollyleaf!" she heard someone call from the other side of the tumble of rocks. It was Jayfeather.
Don't say anything, she thought dryly. It's better if he thinks I'm dead.
"Jayfeather," she heard Lionblaze meow, "we can't help her now."
Hollyleaf's vision blurred, but it didn't affect her now. The tunnels were already so dark. She pawed at the ground for the deathberries. If she was going to do this, she was going to do it quick. She couldn't stand the thought of being the daughter of Leafpool and Crowfeather. The warrior code was dead now.
"Fox dung!" she spat. They must've fallen into the river when the cave fell in! She began to growl to herself, afraid of what would happen to her now. She knew that the deadly juices of the berries would've ended her life quickly, but now they were gone.
Hollyleaf paced back and forth until and idea sparked her mind. The river! Heathertail, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and she all used the river to escape the tunnels when they had searched for the two WindClan kits. If it had worked then, it would work now!
The black warrior tensed her hindlegs, her pelt bristling at the thought of the water running around her legs, sucking her into the deep. Maybe she would die on the way. She prayed to StarClan that would happen.
She leapt into the air, landing with a hard splash into the inky water. She kept her eyes closed, holding her breath as long as she could as she waited to reach the lake.
And then she was dragged under.

Hollyleaf woke, coughing up enough water to quench the thirst of a whole Clan. Her claws scratched against rock, and she released herself a little bit. I'm safe, she thought, surprisingly with relief. She scrabbled against the stone as she realized that she wasn't on the shore of any of the Clan territories, but the rock was a small way away from ThunderClan's stony beach. She let go, letting the water take her in again. She did not struggle against it like she had before, but instead floated along it, too exhausted to swim. She landed safely on the shore, and began to groom herself, drying her fur.
Now, to get back to camp before Firestar skins me and feeds me to those badgers! she thought, but then she stopped padding uphill. She had forgotten that she revealed the secret kept for so many moons to all of the Clans. No one would accept her now, and she had even tried to kill herself and Leafpool. Was that all a mistake?
No, she thought bitterly with a growl, I did what I thought would be best for my Clan! No cat appreciates me for what I am really capable of!

So, what are your theories? Want to post any stories? Post them in a comment, and if I like them, I'll make it a post on here!
What do you think of my theory? I have the rest of what I think will happen in my head of course, but would you guys like to hear it?

17 comments:

  1. i am Dreamstar the leader of LakeClan.Lakeclan is new so i was wondering if you could tell lots of other people about my new clan.My clan's website is

    www.dreamstaroflakeclan.piczo.com

    Hope you can join too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go to http://walkamungthestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone join my clan at

    www.dreamstaroflakeclan.blogspot.com

    Please join!

    Dreamstar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya!I would like to hear the rest of your theory!Please post it!Please!

    And join my clan at www.dreamstaroflakeclan.blogspot.com

    Dreamstar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, who remembers in Forest of Secrets how Tigerclaw turned evil? Well he sorta was from the begining, but anyway heres what I think would happen if he wasn't evil:

    Tigerclaw woke with a start. He had a dream, a vision from StarClan. Spottedleaf appeared to him saying, "Tigerclaw, StarClan is not impressed in your hatred towards Fireheart! Beware! Be good!" Then that's when he had woken.
    Tigerclaw padded out of the warriors den, with a short look at his young clanmate, Fireheart snuggled up to Graystripe. Tigerclaw felt better about them now.
    Suddenly, Bluestars yowl caught his attention. She was on the camps highrock, summoning her warriors. "All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather here!" she announced her ceremonial words. Tigerclaw heard Fireheart behind him, whispering to Sandstorm, "Can you smell that?" Tigerclaw sniffed. It was Bluestars fear scent! As deputy, Tigerclaw raced to the highrock, and stood beside Blustar. Her voice quivered, "I must announce, that Shadowclan has been planning an a ttack. Whitestorm scented them during his evening border patrol. They're waiting just outside th c-camp..."
    With that, enemy warriors burst through the gorse tunnel, yowling battle cries. Tigerclaw saw Blackfoot from Windclan among them. What!?
    Suddenly, a sleek tabby landed ontop of him, feircley slashing out with razor claws. "You're mouse-brained to attack me!" Tigerclaw spit. He rolled to his back and the tabby leaped aside. Tigerclaw sprang forward, knocking the enemy warrior down. Tigerclaw lunged, claws outstretched at the cats vulnerable belly. Only when the tabby yowled in defeat did Tigerclaw release him.
    Firehearts voice sounded, "Tigerclaw help me!" That put Tigerclaw in flashback of when Leopard fur was shredding Fireheart at the battle to save WindClan from the united River and Shadowclan. Tigerclaw pounced on a cat on his way to rescue Fireheart. Blackfoot was hissing and spitting as he prepared a blow. Two other Shadowclan warriors were holding Fireheart down. "I'll turn you to crowfood!" Blackfoot was threatening. Tigerclaw leaped forward, "No you won't!" Tigerclaw rolled forward to knock Blackfoot over, rearing at the other two. "Leave him be! Or else.." a warrior cut him from behind, "Or what? You'll turn us to crowfood, right? Not likely!" Tigerclaw was raged and billowed towards the warrior. The enemy sidestepped, and Tigerclaw crashed into the highrock. He spun to face several enemy warriors.
    But Fireheart was at his side, ready to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Hollyleaf and your theory. I hoped Hollyleaf didn't get crushed and remembered the river before the cave was flooded. In the next book, The Fourth Apprentice, I wondered what they would say about Hollyleaf. All they said was that she was lost... That could mean she's dead and in StarClan or (Hopefully Not) the Dark Forest. Maybe a place yet to be revealed. Or she could have used the river and escaped going somewhere beyond the clans. I wonder because somethind similar happened with Graystripe and he came back...Maybe, only time will tell because now we have to wait for the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silverchest/PuffearsDecember 15, 2009 at 6:17 PM

    Wow... Post more please. We are all waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silverchest/PuffearsDecember 15, 2009 at 6:19 PM

    Lol random story starter from a chapter in my fan-fic:

    Bluefrost awoke with a start, only to pull back in pain. She winced while a small kit prodded her in the side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I found out Hollyleaf was "lost" as they say in the book, I was super sad because she was one of my favorite cats. Now that Dovepaw is now descibed and I know her personality, she is also a favorite, she has not replaced her, but I feel better about Hollyleaf dying. So a word of advice is...When a favorite cat dies, don't worry, other cats will become favorites because the clans still go on. If the death of your cat isn't straightforward they MAY still be alive. (I wrote about Hollyleaf, Not Tigerclaw)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wwow! youve got amazing talent! you should definetly consider a writing career as i am. i believe that hollyleaf is till alive because she hasnt visited jayfeather in his dreams, which is exactly what i would do. speaking of jayfeather, maybe someone could write a short story about jayfeather and his naming ceremony as a warrior is he had decided to train as a warrior apprentice?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I was inspired by this site to make my own blog about warriors(A Clan). This was the first warrior blog I had ever been to! From this I went to Stormclan and so on.(Don't want to tell all the boring details.)Anyway, I wrote two comments about hollyleaf before now.(If you are wondering, my clan is Roseclan.)


    Jayfeather's Warrior Story:

    Jaypaw awoke to a cold breeze, making his nose twitch. He jolted to his paws as he realized Firestar had informed him the night before that today he would become a warrior! He licked bits off moss off his pelt, trying to look nice for the ceremony. Jaypaw padded out to the clearing, Leaf-fall starting to show through the warmth of Green-leaf, he stopped in the center of the camp. He stared out into the rustling trees, thinking about Sol, the prophecy, and Shadowclan. He turned to see Hollypaw and Lionpaw emerge from the den, followed by other clanmates.

    After every cat was awake, Firestar jumped onto the Highrock and addressed the clan. "I, Firestar, leader of Thunderclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these four apprentices". Lionpaw clawed at the ground as Firestar went on. "They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as warriors in their turn".
    "Hollypaw, Lionpaw, Cinderpaw, and Jaypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this clan, even at the cost of your lives?"

    "I do" Hollypaw breathed, quivering.
    Lionpaw stiffened with determination. "I do"
    "I do" Cinderpaw sounded as relieved and excited as a cat who had just caught its own prey.
    "I do" Jaypaw then held his breath, they were closer than ever to their destiny.
    "Than by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior names." Firestar's pelt brushed Hollypaw's. "Hollypaw, from this moment you shall be known as Hollyleaf." He stepped back. "Starclan honors your thoughtfulness and loyalty."
    Lionpaw padded forward.
    "Lionpaw, you shall be known as Lionblaze. Starclan honors your courage and skill in battle. Cinderpaw." Firestar paused as Cinderpaw approached him, trembling with excitement. "You shall be known as Cinderheart in honor of those warriors who have gone before. Starclan honors your your bravery and determination. You are a warrior at last!"
    Cinderpaw took a step back.
    "Jaypaw, you shall be known as Jayfeather. Starclan honors your intelligence."
    "Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Cinderheart, Jayfeather!" The clan raised their voices defiantly as they welcomed the new warriors. Jayfeather beamed, he was finally a warrior!

    (Hope ya liked it, but I mostly modified the book and added Jayfeather)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is Shiningstar11111,but i do not have an account on here.

    I got an idea for your HollyLeaf's storie! She walks past the clans and over the hill, desperate to get away from the clans. She becomes tired of being a loner so she attemtes to put together a clan like FireStar did in the book FireStar's Quest. Except this clan is not to dependent on starclan, and she becomes HollyStar, leader of a clan! Now just to find a clan name for it and you can write a whole series about her clan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well...Hollyleaf was actually freaking out because the Warrior Code was her life and even being born broke 2 of those rules. She actually probably was dependent on Starclan(I'm not putting down your idea, just tweaking it!) and believed in Starclan. So if she did have a clan, it would include Starclan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh i am opalstar, new leader of bloodclan XD much like scourge but LITTLE more nice XD anyways, i like the thought of HollyLeaf surviving, she isnot my fav (SCOURGE AND JAYFEATHER FTW!!!!!) but still, a good character, i have my own blog, Bloodclancats.blogspot.com and i was hoping u could give me some pointers on how to make it more, idk warior-ish XD at that website is my email address if u want to no, TY AGAIN FOR LISTENING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you got my e-mail Opalstar!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! Love your blog! Please keep posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your story! Keep posting! alos, please join my clan, or my tribe!! (or both) for the tribe, go to newleavestribe.blogspot.com

    Also, how do you put pictures at the top of your blog?

    ReplyDelete